Next-Gen Project - Bulk edit Epic Link fails

michael ryan October 29, 2018

When I try to Bulk Edit an Epic Link.  I get this "unlabeled-id-42"  or 43 or whatever problem.  It shows me these items as Epics but won't use them in the Bulk Edit assignment.

The Epic appears in other locations but won't work in the Bulk Edit menu.

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.30.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.28.18 PM.png

3 answers

0 votes
Chris Hudson July 23, 2019

Turns out there is a bug for this, it can be tracked here.
It also shows a workaround
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17252

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2018

Ok, I see, thank you.

I'll try to reproduce it in my environment, see what happens, and get back to you with the results.

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2018

I removed "Accepted Answer" mark from this message. Seems like it's been put there by a mistake.

michael ryan October 30, 2018

Thanks .  I find the "Accept Answer" button very confusing.  I can't tell the state of anything based on the green button.  Thanks for fixing this.

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2018

Yes, this is the issue Atlassian currently has been working on :)

You can check the discussion here:

New "Accepted Answer" icon

Like michael ryan likes this
Richard Allan January 23, 2019

Hi ,

was there any update on this, it's making it hard to manage these types of changes.

Roy_Jacob April 22, 2019

Jira epics seem to stop short of being useful, Is there any progress or ETA on these features:

Bulk epic assignment:

As a BA I want to assign multiple stories to a single epic in one hit.

Epic assigning from any story editing page:

As a team member When editing a story I want to easily assign or change the epic.

Chris Hudson July 23, 2019

Still no update on this? 
I am tearing my hair out, please can you allow us to bulk add issues to an Epic in the default software project, it's insane we cannot do this, or that we cannot find out how to do this. 

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2018

Hi!

What are other options in the dropdown list where unlabeled-ID-42 is shown now?

michael ryan October 30, 2018

unlabeled-ID-43

unlabeled-ID-44

the IDs of the only other 2 Epics that exist currently.

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 12.07.32 AM.png

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2018

Hi again!

I've finished my research and can confirm this behavior. I received just the same error message:

Bulk change error - 2.jpgBulk change error.jpg

I don't actually know what's the reason for it. I have a clue that it has something to do with the fact that there seems to be no "Epic link" field in the issue detail view and you cannot change an Epic, you can just create the issue inside the Epic in Roadmap view:

Roadmap.jpg

It's almost like the Epics above are not your usual or real  Epics, I don't know...

This is, at least, what I've managed to accomplish, I can only guess because I've just started to look into NG projects. I may be missing something as well so let's see what other members of the Community have to say regarding this issue.

I wish I were more helpful.

Like michael ryan likes this
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2018

A little follow-up. All this behavior is strange because we are offered to choose from, as they call it, "matching epics", "suggestions" :)

Epic list (bulk change).jpg

There's definitely something wrong with it.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer