Next Gen - How to search tickets that were in progress during a certain period?

Christian Blavier November 14, 2019

Hey I'd like to search for issues that were in progress during the last months (even a few days)

I can't make this JQL return anything on my Next Gen project, I don't understand why ...

status was 'In Progress' DURING ("2019/10/01","2019/10/31")

Thanks for your help!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Blavier January 6, 2020

Workaround for the issue :

Renaming my in progress column back and forth from « En cours » to « PN: En cours » and then « En cours » again

I’m now able to search with status was « En cours » which is exactly what I wanted.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2019

Hi Christian - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I executed your query exactly as it was (minus the single quote marks at each end) and it worked perfectly.

What kind of error are you getting?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2019

And is there a particular issue that you think should be showing up that isn't?

No error, the query is just returning nothing.

If I run it on other (non next-gen JIRA projects), the query is also working

I'm wondering if my current next-gen project is lacking status history or something like that?

For sure yes the query should return issues.

Actually, even the query

project = PN AND status was "In Progress" 

without any date is not returning anything 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2019

Wow - are you sure you have Browse Project permissions on that project? Can you take the status part off and see anything at all on the project?

I'm admin on the project, see screenshots below

screen1.jpgscreen2.jpg

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2019

Thanks for sharing those. Can you go to the board and see if there are actually any cards for the In Progress status? Maybe even create a test card and move it to that Status to see if it will show up in the JQL. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2019

And maybe a screenshot of your Workflow. 

Here is my board with 4 tickets in the "En cours" status.

Is there as such thing as a workflow editor in Next-Gen projects?

screen3.jpg

Christian Blavier November 15, 2019

Hi @John Funk

Any idea how to solve my problem?

Do you think I should create a bug report?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2019

Sorry - yes, you should contact Atlassian support. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2020

Hey @Christian Blavier - did you ever get this solved?

Christian Blavier January 6, 2020

Yes I have, thanks to Atlassian support.

It is a known issue but I could work around it by renaming my in progress column back and forth from « En cours » to « PN: En cours » and then « En cours » again

I’m now able to search with status was « En cours » which is exactly what I wanted.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2020

Great! Glad you got it to work.  :-)

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2019

how about this...

status was "In Progress" AFTER "2019/11/01"

if you want to bound it to exclude items that were not moved out of IP by the end of the month....

status was "In Progress" AFTER "2019/11/01" and status was not "in progress" after "2019/11/30"

Thanks, but it does not change anything. My query is still returning nothing (see my answer to @John Funk

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2019

I was just playing with this and while my testing isn’t exhaustive as I’m on my smartphone which is challenging for JQL play, it appears that indeed the “was in” doesn’t work in NG. You may wish to report to Atlassian Support. Maybe this is a known limitation. If you do, please report back here. 

Like Christian Blavier likes this
Christian Blavier November 16, 2019

Thank you Jack, I will do!

Suggest an answer