New user not seeing any projects in Jira

Fuad Rashid June 2, 2014

We have a new user who is not seeing any projects in Jira. He is correctly assigned to roles that should have visibility into multiple projects but no projects show up when he logs in.

Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bryan Trummer - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2014

Did you have the user check the Permission Helper for the certain ticket or project under More?

Fuad Rashid June 18, 2014

Thanks Bryan. This helped narrow down the missing permissions.

It turns out that I was wrong about the user having all the correct roles assigned.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2014

There's all sorts this could be.

Start with a look at the user's profile.

Check it both as an admin AND as that user - the usual culprit here is slightly different logins where the admin is convinced everything is fine because they're looking at one account, and it's not working for the user because they're using another one.

If it's definitely one account, then it gets difficult, but it is almost certainly going to be that they really are NOT in the roles or groups that grant access.

If you're still certain that's correct, then there's a break somewhere else. You'll need log files etc. But OnDemand support will need to look into it for you. They will ask that you've checked the above before they do any investigation though.

Fuad Rashid June 3, 2014

I'm certain it's the right user. When the user looks at his profile, he see the right list of roles listed.

I've filed a support case.

Suggest an answer