New to GreenHopper: any suggestions on what values to use for the Flag field

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2011

I'm new to GreenHopper. I want to setup the flag field and would like some suggestions for values. Our project doesn't have experience with agile. We have been waterfall.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2011

The official docs for setting up a flag is here:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+your+General+Project+Settings#ConfiguringyourGeneralProjectSettings-flaggingfield

On our JIRA instance, I've configured the flag value with "Impediment." Only one value is needed...GreenHopper can really only utilize one. When the item is flagged, you'll see a yellow exclamation mark on the card when using the Agile views. I hear typically some teams use it to mark issues that are blockers or needs attention. I use it to mark items that have been re-opened (failed QA testing) where the workflow sets the flag value when the issue is re-opened. You can really use it anyway you like really.

Suggest an answer