New tickets sent to top of first inactive sprint

Jason Brown August 13, 2013

We recently upgraded from JIRA 5.X to JIRA 6.0.6, and are currently running Greenhopper 6.2.5.1.

After this upgrade, whenever someone creates a new ticket, it is automatically sent to the top of the first non-active sprint in Greenhopper. This is a huge concern for us, as we rely heavily on the prioritization & ordering in Greenhopper to determine the next dev work. Given that our client also shares access to our JIRA instance, we are worried that newly submitted tickets will be confused as the most important item to work on, unless someone moves it to the appropriate location.

I would like to know how we can revert back to sending all newly created tickets to the bottom of the product backlog.

2 answers

0 votes
Jason Brown August 20, 2013

Thanks, Ronny, we'll give that a shot. What's confusing is that the tickets are now appearing in what seems to be random spots. At first I thought it was at the top of the first non-active sprint, but now I'm seeing them show up in the middle of the backlog, in the middle of inactive sprints, and I can't determine what the logic is. Quite strange...

0 votes
Ronny Katzenberger August 13, 2013
Hi Jason, I can recommend introducing a STORY INBOX by creating an Epic "Story Inbox" and have new tickets be created in that Epic. This gives your Product Owner the chance to screen new tickets and either accept them, ask for clarification or reject. This practice works great for us. You just have to make sure you're treating this Story Inbox appropriately in the project/team reporting. Best, Ronny

Suggest an answer