New scrum board showing other older board active sprint

Okay here is what I am seeing.

We have one development team working Phase 1 of the MFT project. They have a scrum board in GH called MFT Phase 1 and their active sprint is Sprint 3. A second team is joining the project but they will be working on Phase 2 fuctionality. They create a new board called MFT Phase 2. We configure our filters and settings but when we go to the plan mode Sprint 3 from the Phase 1 board shows up as an active sprint on the MFT Phase 2 board..

Is this working as designed or am I missing something here..this should be an independent effort. I thought sprints were board specific...help??

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Working as designed.

This happens when the new board is showing issues which are already assigned to a sprint on the old board. I had have the same problem. To solve this problem you can adjust your board filters or remove the issues from the old sprint.

The old sprint is still active on that board as it is a different team working on that effort within the same project. So I don't want to remove the issues from Phase 1 - Sprint 3. We just want team two to be able top plan Phase 2 with a clean board so they can start at Sprint 1.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Mar 05, 2018 in Jira Software

Jack Graves: Real Ale enthusiast with a knack for Jira Software implementation

@Jack Graves [AC] first caught our eye with his incredible breakdown of what, in his opinion, can make or break a Jira software implementation. (Read his thoughts on this thread)! In this follow...

96,856 views 4 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you