New scrum board showing other older board active sprint

Andrew Morin April 2, 2013

Okay here is what I am seeing.

We have one development team working Phase 1 of the MFT project. They have a scrum board in GH called MFT Phase 1 and their active sprint is Sprint 3. A second team is joining the project but they will be working on Phase 2 fuctionality. They create a new board called MFT Phase 2. We configure our filters and settings but when we go to the plan mode Sprint 3 from the Phase 1 board shows up as an active sprint on the MFT Phase 2 board..

Is this working as designed or am I missing something here..this should be an independent effort. I thought sprints were board specific...help??

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Morin April 3, 2013

Working as designed.

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

This happens when the new board is showing issues which are already assigned to a sprint on the old board. I had have the same problem. To solve this problem you can adjust your board filters or remove the issues from the old sprint.

Andrew Morin April 2, 2013

The old sprint is still active on that board as it is a different team working on that effort within the same project. So I don't want to remove the issues from Phase 1 - Sprint 3. We just want team two to be able top plan Phase 2 with a clean board so they can start at Sprint 1.

Suggest an answer