New look for some agile boards, old look for others

Ziko Rajabali March 10, 2015

In some Agile boards, I get the old look (buttons at the top right for "Backlog", "Active Sprints" and "Reports").
In others, I get the new look (tabs on the left side for "Backlog", "Active Sprints", "Releases", "Reports", "Components", etc)

The only difference I can see offhand is that my board filters for the new look include issues from exactly one project, and board filters for the old look include issues from more than one project.

If I'm right, why does this difference exist?

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2015

This is covered in the FAQ section here:

4. Sometimes when I pick a board through the Agile drop-down menu, I see the board but I don't see the project centric navigation. How come?

Some Agile boards access more than one project. To display the project centric navigation, we need to know which project context to display the board in, so that we can populate the board drop-down list in the sidebar, remember, the board drop-down lists all boards associated with a specific project. With this in mind, we can't display the project centric navigation. If you've already selected a project, and then select a board through the board drop-down list, we will retain the project centric navigation view for you, as you've already selected a project.

Suggest an answer