Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

New issues starting in status category Done

Hi, I'm experiencing an issue with workflows in my next-gen project. 

All new tickets are defaulting to the "Won't Do" status that exists in my project. My assumption is that this is occurring because of the "Create" transition below that exists between START and "Won't Do":

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 2.03.37 PM.png

Unfortunately, I'm unable to edit this transition to end up at a different status. What's particularly odd is that "Won't Do" is not in the status category "To do". It is in the status category "Done":

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 2.13.16 PM.png

When dragging the arrow for the "Create" transition to a different status that does have the category of "To do", the operation fails and I get this error:

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 2.03.48 PM.png

Any thoughts? Much appreciated.

1 answer

I've seen other posts in this community where people have said that their Create transition ended up pointing at a status other than "To Do" and they were unable to move it. It has not been clear how the workflows got into that state in these cases. I'm trying to find those posts, but not having much luck with my searches.

I don't recall that anybody has actually found a solution for the problem.

If you click on the transition arrow itself, it should open a panel on the right that says

Name: Create

Path: To Status: <status name>

Can you edit the To Status value?

Is it possible that the original first status (that was in the To Do category) was removed at some point?

Ah, thanks for the info.

If you click on the transition arrow itself, it should open a panel on the right that says

Name: Create

Path: To Status: <status name>

Can you edit the To Status value?

Unfortunately not - hovering over the To Status value, I get the error from my first screenshot: "New issues must start in the status category To do. This isn't editable yet." 

It's possible that the original first status was removed but I don't think so. That did give me an idea though... perhaps I could just remove the existing To Do status and rename Won't Do to To Do. But even after removing To Do, saving and closing, and then returning to rename Won't Do to To Do I get this error:

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 6.29.44 PM.png

:facepalm:

I think I've seen people try that and get the same result. Maybe you can try changing the name to "To-Do" or "Not Started" or "New"?

But then I'm not sure if you might have trouble re-creating a new "Won't Do" status.

I would suggest that you contact Atlassian Support directly on this to see if they can help, and then report your results back here to help others in the community.

Like Will Herrmann likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Staying organized with Jira: best practices for a better project management

Project managers know this problem: A “mountain of work” lays in front of you, and you don’t know how and where to tackle them. Different to-dos lie ahead, but just one task after the other can be ha...

242 views 2 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you