New Message from Contact Administrators page?

Chris Jones September 30, 2020

We used JIRA Cloud and today I randomly received this email:

jiraEmail.png

Several questions:

* The message subject looks seriously weird, is that correct?

* I didn't know that there was a public "Contact Administrators" page with JIRA Cloud? Where is it? I did some googling but could only find references to JIRA Server.

* How can I turn this off to public access? There is nobody called test@test.com in my organisation

3 answers

0 votes
David Black
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2020

Hi all, 

> The message subject looks seriously weird, is that correct?

It looks like someone is testing for a security vulnerability which we disclosed on July 10, 2019: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/jira-security-advisory-2019-07-10-973486595.html. Please note that Jira Cloud customers are not affected by this issue.

I didn't know that there was a public "Contact Administrators" page with JIRA Cloud? Where is it? I did some googling but could only find references to JIRA Server.
>  How can I turn this off to public access? There is nobody called test@test.com in my organisation

As others here have noted, there is a "Contact Administrators Form" setting which you can turn off. 

0 votes
naveenkumar_dp November 8, 2020

@Chris Jones  Have you found any solution to this kind of notifications.

Chris Jones November 9, 2020

I just turned off the Contact Administrators form in the general settings as suggested by Jimmy.

But I'm still not clear what this Contact Administrators form looks like or how a user would see it

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2020

Hi Chris,

I'll be honest I didn't know about this one myself.  However I found it!

If you click on the admin cog and got to the "Settings" menu.

You will find it under "General configuration".  You will need to click the "Edit Settings" button in the top right corner in order to change the setting, and you will see it just before the rich text editor box.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Chris Jones September 30, 2020

Good spot with the configuration.

But where is this "Contact Administrators" page, how would somebody find it? What is its URL?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2020

Hey Chris,

I'm not 100% sure, but looking at the Confluence documentation it indicated users would see that link if they encountered an error.  So I imagine if the user failed to login, that link might be presented as a part of the error message?

-Jimmy

David Black
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2020

Hi,
The related resource is found at https://<jira>/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa .

There is a "Contact Administrators Form" setting which you can turn off & doing so will disable the functionality.

Like # people like this
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2022

Thanks for the post @Chris Jones  and thanks for the answers too @David Black  all. This helped me figure this out as well. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events