New Installation of JIRA trying to access 127.0.0.1

Kyle Williams July 15, 2017

So bear with me, this is my first time installing Jira, so perhaps I screwed up somewhere.  But it seems I am having some issues with JIRA trying to grab resources on the browser from 127.0.0.1 which is not where my installation lives.

The base URL of my jira is set to jira.kylewilliams.io and for the most part Jira is working great.  However, I've noticed two things broken, and both relate to it trying to grab resources from 127.0.0.1:8080.  Maybe there is a config I missed but I looked around and couldn't find anything.

The first is issue icons. It tries to grab them from 127.0.0.1 instead of my base url.

The second is my activity stream widget on my dashboard seems to be trying to connect to 127.0.0.1 as well.

I'm running the Linux version of JIRA on Ubuntu 15, the errors you are seeing are from Windows 10 Google Chrome.

jiraerror1.PNGjiraerror3.PNGjiraerror2.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2017

Are you using a reverse proxy like apache?

If so, try adding ProxyPreserveHost On

Cheers,

Lars

I am using a reverse proxy.  In my case, I am using Nginx.  I've configured Nginx as far as I can tell, properly.  As well, I've made updates to Tomcats server.xml to support proxy.  Now the dashboard page after login just loads forever in the browser...jiraerror4.PNGjiraerror5.PNG

I'm a bit confused but after waiting awhile with no real changes, the problem mentioned above fixed itself.  So in the end the settings I posted above are working fine, just took awhile to kick in I guess, or perhaps I missed restarting something.  Regardless, thanks for the help, the mention of reverse proxy helped get me in the right direction.

Suggest an answer