New Epic Feature not working for me.

Guido Zockoll April 3, 2013

We are using Epics since GH 5.x. Now we would like to change to the new epic feature. I tried to follow the documentation and enabled epics.

What looks good:

• I have a sprint board with an epic lane.
  • I have a field "epic link"

Whats bad:

• I have exisiting Epic/Theme links. Trying to do a classic migration gives me: 0 of 0 epics have 0 Classic epic links
  • When a create a new epic in plan mode it doesn't show up in the epic lane
  • Therefor i can't link tickets to epics.
  • I added "Epic Link" to my default issue screen. When i ask "Where is my field" i get four greens and "The 'Epic Link' field should be present on the form you are viewing" - but it isn't.

We have

3 answers

0 votes
Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2013

You should be able to fix that through Field Configuration and Field Configuration Scheme. The latter lets you associate issue types with field configurations.

0 votes
Guido Zockoll April 4, 2013

Thanks for the answer. I haven't found any duplicate fields. But the 'Epic *' fields are assigned to the wrong issuetype. We have a custom isssuetype called hotfix ... and these fields are assigned to that issuetype only. And there is no configuare option to change this assignment.

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2013

It's possible that you might have duplicate GH custom fields. Need to ensure the correct customfields are mapped to the SCRUM DEFAULT TEMPLATE CONFIGURATION. Contact support.atlassian.com if you have difficulties.

Suggest an answer