New Epic Feature not working for me.

We are using Epics since GH 5.x. Now we would like to change to the new epic feature. I tried to follow the documentation and enabled epics.

What looks good:

• I have a sprint board with an epic lane.
  • I have a field "epic link"

Whats bad:

• I have exisiting Epic/Theme links. Trying to do a classic migration gives me: 0 of 0 epics have 0 Classic epic links
  • When a create a new epic in plan mode it doesn't show up in the epic lane
  • Therefor i can't link tickets to epics.
  • I added "Epic Link" to my default issue screen. When i ask "Where is my field" i get four greens and "The 'Epic Link' field should be present on the form you are viewing" - but it isn't.

We have

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

It's possible that you might have duplicate GH custom fields. Need to ensure the correct customfields are mapped to the SCRUM DEFAULT TEMPLATE CONFIGURATION. Contact support.atlassian.com if you have difficulties.

Thanks for the answer. I haven't found any duplicate fields. But the 'Epic *' fields are assigned to the wrong issuetype. We have a custom isssuetype called hotfix ... and these fields are assigned to that issuetype only. And there is no configuare option to change this assignment.

You should be able to fix that through Field Configuration and Field Configuration Scheme. The latter lets you associate issue types with field configurations.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,492 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you