Nesting linkedissue JQL

ScottW January 15, 2014

Can I get some help figuring out why my query isn't returning the correct results?

My JIRA Agile structure is Epic -> Feature -> Requirement -> Story.

I would like to get a list of Features where all requirements under it have all their stories complete. Here is the JQL I'm trying to get to work.

project = VMC and issuetype = feature and fixversion = "Release 2.4" and issuefunction in hasLinks("relates to") and issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = VMC AND issuetype = Requirement AND issuefunction in hasLinks(\"is solved by\") AND not issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf(\"project = VMC and issuetype = Story and status != Closed\", solves)", "relates to")

I'm not getting any errors, I just got get the correct results. When I drill down into the feature, then requirement, I see open stories.

Thank you for the help.

1 answer

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2014

Have you tried using additional brackets? Try this:

project = VMC and issuetype = feature and fixversion = "Release 2.4" and (issuefunction in hasLinks("relates to")) and (issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = VMC AND issuetype = Requirement AND issuefunction in hasLinks(\"is solved by\")) AND (not issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf(\"project = VMC and issuetype = Story and status != Closed\", solves)", "relates to"))

Suggest an answer