Need to upgrade my Jira Software License

Stephen Dudley April 4, 2019

Need help upgrading\installing a new JIRA license, original 10 user license was bought not on contractor's company account, and need help replacing it with a company's license.

When login in to JIRA on a local server and selecting Versions and Licenses, when I select Uninstall and select "Also remove my Jira Software license and Configuration" I get the following message:  Unable to remove license, Jira needs to contain at least one license to be functional"

Is it possible to install secondary license that's under a different company and remove the original license afterwards?

1 answer

0 votes
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2019

@Stephen Dudley You just need to overwrite the old/expired JIRA license key with the new and valid JIRA license key under JIRA Administration -> Applications -> Versions & licenses, for the JIRA Server product (Core, Software) that you are using, and it should do the trick !

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2019

@Stephen Dudley Did you get to apply your new JIRA license successfully?

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2019

@Stephen Dudley Did your issue get resolved?

Suggest an answer