Need to log time from tempo for team member assigned to task, not just logged in user.

Datepalm December 19, 2014

I am using an Agile Kanban board to manage the operations floor of a shipping and manufacturing area. Because of the nature of our work it is not realistic for every team member to have a computer in front of them throughout operations.

In order to allow for agile management we have a single large screen where everyones tasks are available in a Kanban flow (which is really awesome). However whenever a user drags a task they were doing to the done pile and logs the time they worked on that project it ends up assigned to the logged in user instead of the person assigned that task.

The logging area already has everything we need, even a way to change who the task was assigned to on the same closeout popup, but logging all of the times against the same user has no value whatsoever for the type of team management that it needs to be used for.

For me to be able to make sure my team is distributing work properly, and to manage pay for hourly workers I need to have the ability to collect times efficiently without users having to seperately log times, and I look forward to hearing any suggestions on how we could implement this. If there is a way to write an ad-on for an ad-on I am sure that a change could be made to the closeout window that comes up, but I am hoping there is a less invasive way it could be done.

3 answers

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2014

Hi Joseph,

this might be caused by some settings in your JIRA workflow as logging work in Tempo does not affect the assigned user for an Issue. You should take a look at the workflow transitions in your Project and see if you have something like described in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILEKB/Configuring+Auto-Assign configured.

Kind regards,

Susanne 

0 votes
Datepalm December 19, 2014

I am, and it is possible when specifically logging time to log it for another user, but when closing an issue there is no option for time attribution. What I need is to make the attribution default to the assigned team member instead of the logged in user.

Right now everything get logged for the manager, and it looks like the workers didn't do anything.

0 votes
Philippe Aubin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2014

Are you using Tempo ? If you are you can login a user with the ''aprrove timesheet permission on the commun computer and each user can log time as themself. A user with the ''approve timesheet'' can log time for another user.

Suggest an answer