Need to grant access to one board of many for one project of many

Lesley Lattier June 10, 2019

We have numerous projects built and each project has several boards. We have a consultant and need to grant access to a single board for a single project. I've figured out how to see only the one board out of many for this project, but the user can still see all of the other projects. Is there a way to give him access to only the one board for the one project?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2019

Hi @Lesley Lattier ,

You should be able to share the board with a group or role you assign this consultant to (while making sure the other boards do not share with this role).

Meaning,

1. Remove the standard project share from the filters associated with the respective boards.
  2. Add a share with specific roles to the filters of each board you want to share excluding the role the project belongs to in any board you do not want him to see.

This should fix the issue you described.

Do let me know if you have any other questions.

I believe that's what I've done ...

I have a "Jira users" group that all users are in except him ... he's in a "consultants" group. The share on all boards but the one is "Jira users" and the board for him is set to "consultants". However, when he logs in, he can still see all of the other projects but he can only access the one board. So, he's still able to drill into issues on other projects. I took one project and changed the people under access to be "Jira users" only ... but he can still see it.

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2019

Hi @Lesley Lattier,

I saw your latest reply via email but for some reason, it does not appear here.

If you do not want this user to see other projects then this is not a board permission but rather the project permission you would need to adjust.

1. Make sure the user does not belong in any group that has the browse permission in any project you do not want him to have access to.
  2. If there are specific tickets from the project his board is based on you do not want him to see, then please add an issue security level to these issues to prevent him from seeing these issues.

These should fix your problem.
However if you meant something else, can you clarify with sample use cases of what you want him to see, what you do not want him to see, how his board is set up and what he sees.

Thanks.

Like Lesley Lattier likes this

Good to go now and it's all working. Thank you!

Suggest an answer