Need to change the weekends in due date calendar

Sobhy Admin April 5, 2020

Need to change the weekends from (Saturday/Sunday) to (Friday/Saturday) in due date calendar of the JIRA

Capture.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sobhy Admin April 6, 2020

Hi all,

Any suggestions!

Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2020

@Sobhy Admin I don't think so it is possible through any configuration setting. If you want to achieve this, maybe you need to focus on the scripting part.

Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2020

if you are okay with my suggestion then kindly accept this answer.

Sobhy Admin April 6, 2020

Hi @Monika Rani 

Unfortunately, I am not ok with your suggestions.

Changing the board doesn't affect the red highlighted days in the calendar if due date.

Still I can see Sat/Sun are red highlighted when trying to change the due date, although the board has Fri/Sat as non-working days.

Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2020

@Sobhy Admin  I am talking about my this suggestion: :)

"@Sobhy_Admin I don't think so it is possible through any configuration setting. If you want to achieve this, maybe you need to focus on the scripting part."

I can understand the first one was not helpful for you.

Sobhy Admin April 7, 2020

Hi @Monika Rani ,

Thanks a lot for you answer. It seems to me that you are right, so for sure, I will accept your answer.

But before closing the ticket, I have a question, Do you know how to configure the tool using scripting?

Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2020

Hi @Sobhy Admin 

No, I don't have much experience in this but you can create a new question for that and definitely you will get help from the experts in the community.

Sobhy Admin April 8, 2020

Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2020

@Sobhy Admin  you accepted your own answer not mine could you please accept my answer.

0 votes
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2020

@Sobhy Admin 

You can go to Board setting-> Working days and you will get the options to set your working days and non-working days.

Go there and uncheck the friday/saturday and rest will be selected.

Hope It will help you.

Sobhy Admin April 5, 2020

Hi @Monika Rani ,

Thanks a lot for your answer, I already did that before asking the question and found that changing the working days in the board, doesn't affect the red highlighted weekends in the due date of the JIRA.

Can you please elaborate more, how changing the board working days affects the calendar of due dates in Jira issue.

Suggest an answer