Need to add next sprint to Burdown gadget.

Adam Bilewicz October 3, 2019

Need to add next sprint to Burndown gadget, so not started sprint yet. Is there any possibility to do this or any workaround?

Problem: I've created and a chunk of projects like a litle project and set up a Sprint Burdown Gadget , to see what progress we have in this small chunk of the project. And it works properly. Now to estimate wich chunk should be assigned to whom i need to know how big it is, but before the start of new sprint. And when you set up the new Sprint burdown gadget, you can only choose the existing one sprint. Is there any chance to see Burdown to the not started yet sprint.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

Hi @Adam Bilewicz

I had a look and I couldn't see an option for this.

An alternative would be to visualise the data on a Dashboard - you could use a gadget such as Filter Results showing story points as a column. Not all gadgets work for this though - for example filter statistics gadgets don't work with fields like estimate - see JRASERVER-35903

The other alternative is to use an app which can help visualise future planning - such as Portfolio for Jira

Ste

Adam Bilewicz October 8, 2019

Hi Stephen,

I've just tried with "Filter result" gadget and it not counts the sum of remaining time estimation and original estimation  wich is for me important, unfortunately. It shows sth that you already got previous, in your board, which is necessary to make dashboard with sprint burndown gadget.

Thanks a lot, but there ist no solvation for me.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2019

Hi @Adam Bilewicz

As I say your options are a little limited here when it comes to future sprints.

If Portfolio is too indepth - you could try another marketplace app such as Team Capacity Planning

Best to try those you think could work for you and see what is best suited :)

Ste

Adam Bilewicz October 17, 2019

Thanks Ste, very much, i will try with a parallel start of the next sprint. What do you think, is the Burdownchart prepare for this? I hope so :)

Suggest an answer