Need to add an org admin

Madhav Gopal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 28, 2024

Hello - the person who is our Org Admin is leaving the organization in a lay off.  How can I be made an Org Admin so that I can help manage our account?  I am the CISO for our company.

Thanks,

3 answers

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2024

Hi @Madhav Gopal,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You can add/remove site admins if you go to admin.atlassian.com and click on Settings > Administrators and from there users can be added/removed. Note that only existing site admins can do this. 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2024

Hi Madhav - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Only and existing Org Admin can add someone else as an Org Admin. Go to Settings > User Management. 

Select the user to be added as an Org Admin. Then add the user to the group org-admins. 

0 votes
sumukh February 28, 2024

Hi @Madhav Gopal ,

you can ask the current Org Admin to do it. If in case he has not be relived from the Company and if he has been relived from the company then you can reach out to the contact support team of the platform or service your organization uses i.e, Organizations JIRA system Administrator. Explain the situation to them, provide necessary verification or proof of your role and request as the new Org Admin.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events