Need help understanding dependencies across Jira projects (Ricksoft WBS Gantt)

Phil McTimoney June 29, 2021

Hi

I have a pretty cool looking chart when I am showing epics/issues within on projects.

However, I am hitting a snag when I try to include issues from other projects using the 'filter' approach.

I structured a Jira project with epics and a 'roll-up' issue type I created. So far so good.

The 'roll-up' issues represent activities that will be performed by other teams. Those teams have their own Jira projects. I have tagged those issues so they can be included in the filter I am using for the Gantt.

The snag I am hitting is that the tasks in other projects are showing up in a separate section. I would like/expect them to by displayed under the the roll-up issue.

Is there a way I can associate the roll-up and the activities, and have them displayed in a hierarchy?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hikaru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2021

Hello @Phil McTimoney ,

I totally understand what you would like to do, but unfortunately, it is not possible to have a hierarchy across Jira projects. The feature request is already posted on our Productboard.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,
Hal
Ricksoft

Phil McTimoney June 30, 2021

Thanks for the prompt response. I have added my comments to the feature request.

Like Hikaru likes this
Hikaru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2021

Thank you so much for providing us with valuable feedback! We'll do our best to make the app better.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events