Need help finding Admin

Dylan Robinson June 30, 2022

I am the Admin of this site but for some reason I have lost all access to admin tools. It is saying please contact Admin but I am the Admin I have been trying to figure it out but its not working.

How can I fix this?

2 answers

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2022

Hi Dylan,

It appears that you have two different accounts here.  The one you used to post this message has an email address of support@example.com.  However the site-admin account for this Cloud site is just using your first name at that same email domain.

You will need to login with that account in order to regain the site-admin abilities for that site.

1 vote
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2022

Hi @Dylan Robinson ,

Is it possible you may have 2 accounts? One on a different e-mail? 

Is there someone else who is admin on the site who can correct this incase somehow you permission was change?

If the answer is no to both, you may want to contact Atlassian Support to get that fix.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Thanks,

Ben

No looking back through my emails it was this account that I set it up with. I contacted support and they told me to contact the community support.

There is no other Admin for the site.

How can I tell if there was another email address for my Admin account?

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2022

You can only tell if you look back across your e-mails accounts to see if there's any Atlassian emails about setting up Jira cloud site. 

Does your Atlassian ID have access to sites other than this one? If you do, make sure you pick the correct site. That's the only other thing I can think of. 

Like Dylan Robinson likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2022

I'm afraid you might have lost everything here.

It is not possible to have no other admins for the site, the software is hard coded to not allow people to remove the last remaining site or system admin.  (It's possible to do it on Server/DC if you've got scripting apps, but not Cloud)

If you really have no idea what account or other person has admin access, then there's not much else you can do than abandon the account.

But there's one last thing you can try - although you've said it's a free account, and hence has no support, the Community can ask Atlassian to take a look.  On an unsupported account, they're not going to spend a lot of time on this, but when we've asked in the past, they've given people the name of the site owner (and sometimes email when it's clear they are in the same place)

If you want us to ask, could you give us the name/url of your site?  Nothing more, we don't need your email, organisation or domains etc, just the site name.   Just https://whatoursiteiscalled.atlassian.net

I was just using it for Jira and Bitbucket.

I get this message "You do not have access to Jira settings or Atlassian admin, contact your Jira admin to grant you access."

And if I click that link I get this message "Your Jira administrator has not yet configured this contact form."

I have been going round and circles really need to get Admin rights back so I can manage my projects.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2022

The contact form is something your admins need to set up if they want to enable a quick way to find them.

We can't do anything in the Community (we're not Atlassian, we have less access to your site than you do) other than ask Atlassian if they can identify your admin(s) for you.

To do that, as I said, you need to tell us what your site name or url is.

Sorry I did not see the last message you sent, here is my site https://3dk.atlassian.net/

Thank you for your help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2022

Great, thank you!  I've thrown it over to Atlassian.

They won't respond here, as they won't want to leak your admin's details, but hopefully one of them will be able to let you know what account still has admin on your system very soon.

Dylan Robinson July 3, 2022

Hi I still have not heard anything from Atlassian, is there anything else I can do to find my Admin details?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2022

It appears that you've given a dummy account to Atlassian, so they can't contact you.

100% kudos for security and anonymity, but 0% for being able to get it fixed, because your identity is necessary for working out your rights over the account.

You'll need to log in with an identifiable account that has system access.  I could say more there, but @Andy Heinzer covered it better than I would.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events