Need assistance with Jira Cloud Automation

RNV Jira1 May 30, 2022

Hi All,

I am new to Jira automation and i have the requirement of to complete the following -
We 4 Numeric value custom fields in Jira cloud and i need help with creating an automation rule to get the highest value of the first 3 fields to be populated on the 4th field.

Example:
Field 1 - Drop down values 1,2,3,4,5 
Selected value - 4

Field 2 - Drop down values 1,2,3,4,5 
Selected value - 1

Field 3 - Drop down values 1,2,3,4,5 
Selected value - 5

Field 4 - Drop down values 1,2,3,4,5 
Need the value of "Field 3"  which is 5, as that is the highest value from the above 3 fields

Any guidance here will be very helpful, thank you in advance

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2022

Hi @RNV Jira1 and welcome to the community!

Try the following, it worked for me:

findMaxValue.png

• Create a rule
  • Add as trigger "Field Value Change" and select all numeric fields you want to this rule to get triggered
  • Create a variable with a name "maxValue" and enter
    {{#=}}max({{issue.fields.NumSel1}},{{issue.fields.NumSel2}},{{issue.fields.NumSel3}}){{/}}
  • Add a new action to edit the last single select field you want
  • Add the {{maxValue}} variable you created

Cheers,
Alex

RNV Jira1 May 31, 2022

Hello Alex,

Thank you for the quick reply, this worked as expected and we are getting the required values. Thanks again

Have a good day 

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2022

Good to know that this helped you!

0 votes
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 31, 2022

Hi, @RNV Jira1 

Another solution, you can check if you're comfortable with Marketplace plugins, is Business Process Manager add-on, developed by my team.

For solving your case use Form Logic with if/then rules. Here is an example:

image.png

0 votes
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2022

Hi @RNV Jira1  Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Are these (Field 1, Field 2, Field 3 and Field 4) number fields or single select list fields? 

Thanks

V.Y 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events