Need an Agile board to show sub-tasks but not the parent story

Hi,

I created a filter which loads 3 issues types, some Parent types some Child Types. I then use this filter on an Agile board.

The intention is for Ranking to be used to select the priority of the tickets in the To Do column.

However it is showing greyed out Story numbers which are encapsulating the sub-tasks into blocks, meaning I cannot individually prioritise these issues, all sub-tasks in the same parent are given 1 priority. This is not what I want I need for the 50 or so sub-tasks to be prioitised aginst each other, and not have the Parent story force them to be grouped.

I have tried every single 'Configure' option available, perhaps I need to restructure my filter?

Thanks,

Chris

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Nope, sorry, you can't. Sub tasks stay with their parent, it's (argiably) nonsense that a subtask under a low priority parent could be more important than a sub task under a higher priority parent (I say arguably because I can see the issue if a parent is blocked by one of its subtasks, another subtask on another issue can genuinely become a higher priority than other subtasks on the blocked parent, but I tend to indicate that with the impediment flag or a custom field to highlight the parent block)

Thanks for the speedy response! As per usual it seems Jira covers 95% of what you need and falls short at the last hurdle, with no workaround!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,183 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot