Need a report for hours work for each initiative

Robert Nadon December 14, 2021

With Advanced Roadmaps having the following hierarchy:

Initiative ->  Epic -> Story/Task/Bug

And having Eazy BI as well,

I need a report that has for the y-axis the list of users and the x-axis each initiative with the cells containing the total of hours logged with standard Jira time tracking for each user for that particular initiative

The hours are logged in the Standard Issue types (Stories, tasks, and Bugs)

Thanks in Advanced for any and all tips.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2021

Hi @Robert Nadon

You would import the Advanced roadmaps Parent link to create the hierarchy in the Issues dimension: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira-apps/advanced-roadmaps-custom-fields.

Further, you can use the Hours spent measure together with the Initiative level in the Issue dimension selected on Columns and Logged by dimension on rows:

Issues_-_eazyBI.png

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Robert Nadon December 16, 2021

Thank you I will try that out!

Robert Nadon December 28, 2021

@Lauma Cīrule I do not see the initiative level to add?

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 9.14.34 AM.png

I do not see Initiative?   Here is what my settings look like:

[jira.portfolio]
enable = true

[jira.customfield_10015]
hierarchy_levels = [
{name = "Initiative", issue_type = ["Initiative"]},
{name = "Epic", issue_type = ["Epic"]},
{name = "Parent"},
{name = "Sub-task"}
]

Can you expand your issue above and let me see how you added initiative to it?

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2021

@Robert Nadon, While the configuration in the advanced settings seems correct, I imagine you have not selected the Parent Link custom field for import from Source Data / Jira / Add-on tab.

Issues_-_eazyBI.png

After importing the Parent Link, you should see the Advanced Roadmaps hierarchy in the Issues dimension and would be able to select the desired level from All Hierarchy level members (I don't have the Initiative level, but just an example with a hierarchy):

Issues_-_eazyBI.png

If you still experience problems, please write to support@eazybi.com with your site and account details so we can go on to find what's still missing.

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Like Robert Nadon likes this

Suggest an answer