Need a Story Point burndown chart per team at the release level (across 8 sprints)

Jared Pshedesky March 7, 2013

We have a half dozen teams sprinting for 8 sprints in a release. Our (dragged-kicking-and-screaming-from-waterfall) Project Management team desperately wants to be able to see a chart for each team showing the story point burndown over the course of the release. We are using Jira 4.4 with Greenhopper 5.8.7. I don't see any way to show this report on the Chart Board. Is there something I am missing or is this available in a later version?

2 answers

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2017

Try the Great Gadgets add-on (see https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.ston ikbyte.great.gadgets.plugin/cloud/overview). It offers both Release Burndown Chart Gadgets that matches your needs.

0 votes
Jared Pshedesky March 7, 2013

Ok, so I discovered that nobody had set a release date on the parent release of all the sprints. So I can see a burndown now that goes all the way to the planned end of the release. However there are two things wrong with it:

1. The chart starts at today - there is no history of the burndown for the prior sprints that have been released. I don't see any place to specify a starting point for a release. I also checked and made sure that the Jira filter behind the thing is actually pulling all the stories, not just the ones after a certain date or in a non-Closed status.

2. The time axis shows dates, not sprints. We're looking for a chart that plots story point burn down over each sprint.

Suggest an answer