Need Multiple boards under one project but with different ticket names or prefixes

Gayathri B July 14, 2021

Hi Team,

I have a project called POC and I have created 3 boards under it. 

1. PC board (which is the main one derived from POC
  2. CX board 
  3. GR board

I have created epics under each board and have edited the filters accordingly so that each board shows only the tickets under the epic.

Any tickets created across the board looks like this - PC-1, PC-2, PC-x etc..

Is there a way that I can customise the ticket prefix "PC" as per the board it belongs to?

For example:
CX-1 when under CX board
GR-1 when under GR board ?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2021

Welcome to the Community!

No, this is not possible.  Boards are not a container for issues, they are a view of a selection.  The issue key is determined by the project it is in (projects are the issue containers), and it is the unique identifier for an issue (for us humans)

You can create boards that look at many projects, and you can create many boards that draw in an issue.

So your "prefix by board" wouldn't work even if you could do it - what would be the key for ABC-123 if it appeared on boards PX, ZY and ACDC?

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2021

Hi @Gayathri B  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

No, that is not possible. Tickets are created against projects, not boards. And a ticket might show up on multiple boards, so it would not know how to do that. The key (PC-1, for example) is the unique identifier of the ticket throughout the entire system. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events