Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Need Help to edit Customer Portal and add Approval in tickets

Hi!,

I am new to Jira and trying to learn, currently we are using on prem self hosted Jira Project Management Software (v8.5.3)

I want to do these things but not able to figure out from where to do it

1.) This Customer Portal Form where user raises ticket I want to edit it and made changes, where these changes can be made as Jira Administrator user

1sn.PNG

2) I want to add approval to tickets category, for eg. they get approved by Higher Management than can be only in status "To DO"

I have checked couple of videos on YouTube and gone through articles, search on Atlassian also, but not able to figure out correct path. Any link to some tutorial or any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Ankit Jain 

First of all you need to be Jira Administrator to make these changes.

1. Changes to the Request Form and Request Groups can be done within your JSM project (not from the customer portal). You would need to go to your JSM Project settings's section. Details here.

2. When a request is created it usually goes to the TODO status which is by default the initial transition, you can change that in your Jira workflow for that Request Type/Issue Type. In the JSM workflow you will also find an option to configure approvals. You can find details here.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Hi thanks for reply,I got basic idea......inside these form how can I edit this menu

Never worked on jira

1) Account type         

ACS

• CMS
  • JIRA
  • EMAIL

2) Raise this request on behalf of

2sn.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,767 views 37 47
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you