NEED IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE! JIRA Software not working due to JIRA Core trial expiration

medova August 1, 2017

NEED IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE!   JIRA Software not working due to JIRA Core trial expiration.  Please call <private info removed by Atlassian>.  Thanks.

4 answers

3 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2017

We're a bunch of customers(like you). There are some Atlassians here but we're not support.atlassian.com. 

You can:

0 votes
medova August 1, 2017

We already had JIRA Software & JIRA Service Desk.  We then added a JIRA Core trial.  However, I think we already had that product as part of the other products.  Is that true?  If so, JIRA should not allow you to start a JIRA Core trail (and subsequent purchase) if already included.

BTW, I resolved my problem by simply removing the JIRA Core trail---we can now add JIRA Software & JIRA Service Desk tickets.

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2017

Hi Scott,

I'm happy to hear that.  If you add other products and one of the licenses expire you'll run into issues like that so that's something to be aware of in the future.  For more information on the difference between the two see JIRA Software vs. JIRA Core: License.

In regards to JIRA Core existing with the other products, I can definitely see the confusion if Core is installed alongside Software since it's already included as part of JIRA Software. 

In light of that I would suggest creating a Suggestion on JAC.  This will get the issue in front of our developers and they will either provide an explanation as to why this is allowed in the same instance or change it so this is not possible.

If you do create a Suggestion ticekt on JAC please link it here so the community can find it and vote on it!

Cheers,

Branden

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2017

Ah, you may not need Core at all.

Core provides a whole pile of stuff - issues, users, the add-on framework, workflows, screens, fields and so-on.

Service Desk and Software run on top of Core and add more functions.  They can't run without it because they rely on the Core issues, workflows etc.  Any user who is licenced for SD or Software is using Core and has access to Core.

But, it lets you trial Core because you may well have a need for three sets of users - Core, Software (inc Core) and Agents (inc Core)

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2017

HI Scott,

A couple things here:

1. You can renew your eval license for up to 90 days per the Atlassian Purchasing and Licensing KB:
    • You can evaluate a product for 30 days (can be extended to a maximum of 90 days) before purchase, allowing you to see and use Atlassian software before you proceed with a purchase.
  2. If you have not exceed the 90 days you can get a new eval license at my.atlassian.com, however, after the third eval you would need to purchase a real license.
  3. In regards to not needing Core, it appears you downloaded Core and then added Software as an add-on from the Applications page.  In light of that you would need to re-license Core as that is the foundation software you have.
  4. In regards to phone support, the Community does not provide phone support.  If you are redirected to Communities when you select Contact Support that means you most likely have a Starter license in which case you will be routed to Communities.   For more information please see the We’re updating our support offering for server starter (10-user) licenses kb.  If you do need phone support you would need a Premier Contract per the Atlassian Support Offerings kb.

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
medova August 1, 2017

Interesting, I selected "Contact Support". 

It appears JIRA Core is not needed if you already have JIRA Software.  Is that correct?  I believe we unecessarily started a JIRA Core trial and when the trial expired, we could no longer add tickets to our existing JIRA Software tickets.

Suggest an answer