NEED HELP: Shortuct to taskboard url will be really useful to run stand up meeting

AldeepA July 11, 2011

In my team we have 57 team members and we have 5 scrum teams. While running one of the stand up meetings every morning I have to pick team members on Taskboard from 57 assignees.

Is there a way I can add assignee parameter to the end of the url something like:

http://jira/secure/TaskBoard.jspa?type=TB&selectedProjectId=10002&selectedBoardId=10083&start=0&assignee=XYZ

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2011

Hi Aldeep,

It is not possible to create a URL as you describe today.

You may wish to consider using JIRA Wallboards for your daily standups. You can configure the Task Board for your project and it will include the avatars for each of your team members, allowing you to quickly identify each member. This is my recommendation.

Alternatively, you could explore the Rapid Board (still in Labs) and create a Quick Filter for each team member. The quick filter can be added in the URL which may address your needs.

Thank you Aldeep.

Regards,

Nicholas Muldoon

AldeepA September 28, 2011

Hi Nicholas,

I have installed Jira Wallboards, can you please provide me steps what your recommendation is to configure it. What I see is Jira Wallboard shows a context drop down which is same context on Taskboard. So it will show all the tasks which I see in my Taskboard.

Please guide me through this problem, as its really hard to run standup meeting and look for names in the Assignee drop down list which is 60 person names long.

Thanks

Aldeep

Suggest an answer