Mysql driver problem?

Artur Kryukov March 26, 2018

Hello.

I installed the program on Red Hat 7.

selinux  disabled.

firewall opened.

Download last mysql-connector-java-5.1.46.tar.gz copy  jar file in /opt/atlassian/jira/lib and start server.

The database was initialized.

The system works with permanent interruptions. In the logs regularly writes like a:

2018-03-26 16:10:13,278 Caesium-2-4 ERROR ServiceRunner [c.a.s.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService] Unhandled exception during the attempt to execute job 'CompatibilityPluginScheduler.JobId.LEXO_RANK_SCHEDULER_JOB'; will attempt recovery in 60 seconds
com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT ID, JOB_ID, JOB_RUNNER_KEY, SCHED_TYPE, INTERVAL_MILLIS, FIRST_RUN, CRON_EXPRESSION, TIME_ZONE, NEXT_RUN, VERSION, PARAMETERS FROM clusteredjob WHERE JOB_ID=? (Communications link failure

==============================================

Caused by: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT ID, JOB_ID, JOB_RUNNER_KEY, SCHED_TYPE, INTERVAL_MILLIS, FIRST_RUN, CRON_EXPRESSION, TIME_ZONE, NEXT_RUN, VERSION, PARAMETERS FROM clusteredjob WHERE JOB_ID=? (Communications link failure

==============================================

And many many similar messages

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2018

This problem is caused due to MySQL server timing-out database connections faster than the Jira connection pool can notice.   This exhausts the Jira connection pool as it will keep its connections open while the MySQL side of the connections is already closed.

Since Jira is expecting to manage its own connection pool, usually the problem here comes because the MySQL configuration was altered to reduce the idle time of connections before they get dropped from the database side.

I would recommend looking into MySQL Communication Link Failure.  I suspect that you are probably seeing Cause #4 of that KB.   I would expect that you might need to change the settings on MySQL as per that KB in order to resolve this.

Please let us know if this helps or if you run into any problems with these steps.

Andy

Artur Kryukov March 29, 2018

I was inattentive. Instead of MySQL used MariaDB. I forgot that the program does not support it.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2018

True, Jira does not support MariaDB.  However the error you reported is not because of that.   The errors indicate that the database server is terminating connections instead of letting Jira handle its own connection pool.

Artur Kryukov April 1, 2018

Yes, the problem was this:

wait_timeout=20

The parameter remains from the test configuration of the database.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer