My velocity chart is blank - greenhopper 6.0

Whenever I try to view the velocity chart the page is blank and this message is displayed...

No issues present in sprint to generate scope change model.

All other charts in report mode are working exactly as expected but the Velocity Chart is always blank.

8 answers

0 vote
Timothy Chin Community Champion Jun 11, 2013

Values will be displayed if you have completed sprints. If you still do not see them, give your JIRA a reindex.

Re-indexing did not work. My velocity chart is still blank and shows this error:

No issues present in sprint to generate scope change model.

We have many closed sprints that I can verify by running this query:

sprint in closedSprints()

Has anybody else had this issue? I've tried everything and still my velocity chart is blank and this error is displayed "No issues present in sprint to generate scope change model."

Timothy Chin Community Champion Jun 13, 2013

Any funny errors in the JIRA logs? And have you raised a support request with Atlassian?

We are having the same problem on multiple boards. Just started last week...

I'm having a similar issue. Estimates show up but hours do not.

I'm having the same issue. Estimates show up but hours do not.

Same issue here...one board only out of twelve. Running JIRA 6.2, JIRA Agile 6.3.9.1.

0 vote

The velocity Chart will only appear if you set the commitment for the Sprint at the beginning of a Sprint. If you don't have a predicted amount of work before start the Sprint, it will not show anything.

This error message will be displayed if Sprints contain sub-tasks of parents that aren't included in it. You may want to check your Sprints for orphaned sub-tasks.

It's been reported as a bug: GHS-6471

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Mar 28, 2018 in Jira Software

Can a company’s culture make or break agile adoption?

Can a new-to-agile team survive and thrive in a non-agile culture? If so, what advice would you give to those trying to be agile in a non-agile culture? What's the key(s) to success? Share your thoug...

12,056 views 15 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you