My task start and due dates are not reflecting on my roadmap

Ziad Tabbal May 30, 2022

I have an epic with some tasks under it however my task start date and due dates do not reflect on my roadmap. As you can see in the image it just starts on 23 May but my start date is 6 june. 

Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2022

Hello @Ziad Tabbal ,

Welcome to the community, and thanks for reaching out.

You will need to add the issues to a sprint to show the timeline details for these issues.  This is covered in more detail in:

Noting:

As of right now, only issues belonging to scrum teams can be scheduled from the roadmap view.

For scrum teams, child issues are scheduled according to the sprint to which they’re assigned. On your roadmap, the schedule bar for all child issues is the same size regardless of their estimated duration, aligning with the sprints at the top.

Regards,
Earl

Ziad Tabbal June 6, 2022

Hi @Earl McCutcheon 

Thank you for your response. I have created my sprints and under that the epics and tasks. I have epics that run (for example) from 6 June to 20 June but tasks under that that run for shorter time periods like 6 June to 8 June and I want the roadmap to reflect that. It looks strange that the epic shows as its supposed to but then the tasks running throug h the whole sprint as some tasks do not need the entire sprint to complete.

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2022

HI @Ziad Tabbal ,

Epics are expected to go across multiple sprints covered really well in the agile coach documentation in the link below noting:

What is an agile epic?

An epic is a large body of work that can be broken down into a number of smaller stories, or sometimes called “Issues” in Jira. Epics often encompass multiple teams, on multiple projects, and can even be tracked on multiple boards.

Epics are almost always delivered over a set of sprints.

And the Jira roadmaps tool is designed around a "Big picture view" of the data, i.e. basic macro view of project details, if you are looking for a more granular breakdown of the data you should consider taking a look at Advanced Roadmaps.

Advanced Roadmaps is a Jira Software Cloud Premium feature that's designed to help multiple teams collaborate together, track the big picture (levels higher than epics), as well as a more granular breakdown of dependencies across large pieces of work, and many other features.  where The basic roadmap feature is available to all customers on Jira Software Cloud. It’s specifically designed to help individual teams plan and track their big picture  (up to epic level only) goals on a more macro level.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events