My issues aren't appearing in the kanban board

Lily Smith May 27, 2021

Hoping you can help because I'm completely going mad trying to fix this! I've set up a new project using the kanban board. I create an issue and it doesn't appear on the board - it's in the issue list view but not on the board. This is a brand new instance of Jira and a brand new project. Most of the settings are default, all of the statuses for the columns are mapped, there are no filters applied or weird filter queries set up. 

If I change an issue status to 'selected for development' is still doesn't show up on the board. There is only one project and one board. 

Why can't I get my issues to appear on my board?!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

Hi Lily - I suspect there is something in the Sub-filter section of the board. The column mapping shows that there should be an in issue in the Selected For Development column. So there has to be something that is keeping it off. 

Lily Smith May 27, 2021

Thanks John - anything look amiss here?

Screenshot 2021-05-27 at 19.29.08.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

Check the Fix Version field - it just about has to have a value in it. 

Lily Smith May 27, 2021

Hey John, your suggestion on versions sent me down the right route. I had hidden the "Fix Version" field in the screens as I wasn't going to use this. I've unhidden Fix Versions and Affects Versions and this has solved the problem. 

Thanks very much for your support, and what a weird dependency on getting the issue to show!

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2021

Great! I am glad you were able to get it figured out!

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2021

Hi, @Lily Smith !

Welcome to the Community!

Here you can find a lot of useful information about board-configuration - Configure a company-managed board 

I prefer to start from 2 things:

- check the board filter (to know that issue should be on our board) - Configure filters 

- check the status-column mapping(to know that our status will be shown on board view) - Configure columns 

Check it please. 

If you got more questions can you show us screens(lost issue with name of the project and status; board-settings(general tab)).

Good luck!

Lily Smith May 27, 2021

Sure, I've done all those things: here's some screen shots showing what you asked:

Screenshot 2021-05-27 at 17.19.41.pngScreenshot 2021-05-27 at 17.19.56.pngScreenshot 2021-05-27 at 17.19.29.pngScreenshot 2021-05-27 at 17.20.17.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2021

Can you provide a screen image of the Board Settings > General screen, showing the filters and sub-filters?

Lily Smith May 27, 2021

I don't think there's anything unusual going on?

Screenshot 2021-05-27 at 19.29.08.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2021

Double check that your new issue doesn't have any value in the Fix Version field. And/or try removing that sub-filter from the board.

I recall another post where somebody having a similar problem removed the filter and the issues started showing. It should not have had any impact, as they were sure the Fix Version field was empty on their issues, and yet it did.

Like # people like this
Lily Smith May 27, 2021

Hey Trudy, your suggestion on versions sent me down the right route. I had hidden the "Fix Version" field in the screens as I wasn't going to use this. I've unhidden Fix Versions and Affects Versions and this has solved the problem. 

Thanks very much for your support, and what a weird dependency on getting the issue to show!

Like Alexander Bondarev likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events