My Subtasks should also have "Card layout" view

Deepan V.R September 26, 2019

While having discussion,our team member raised a query that "Subtasks"...Can also have the "Card layout" view so that based on "labels"..Which would be helpful to them.

Any solution?Please support

Currently the card layout view is supported for Backlog and active sprints.

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2019

Hi @Deepan V.R

I get what you mean now.

You can edit the fields which display in the sub-task summary section - but this appears to just work in the issue viewer rather than the issue detail view on a board. If that is still of use to you:

• Go to Atlassian Admin settings (cog in lower-left)
  • Select System > General Configuration
  • Select the button Advanced Settings in the upper-right
  • Locate the row item "jira.table.cols.subtasks"
  • Add fields to it. For custom fields, this is the field ID but for labels - it's just labels
  • Go to a story with sub-tasks - the field should now show up in line

Just to note - this may not have an impact on the "new" experience (which it looks like you're using from the screenshot) - see suggestion to enhance this here: JRACLOUD-70206

Ste

Deepan V.R October 4, 2019

Hi,I have did what you have instructed,Again problem existsSub tasks view.PNGlabels subtask.PNG

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

And you're not:

• In the side-view of a board or..
  • In the new user experience?

Ste

new user experience

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2019

As I said above, this doesn't work for the new experience at this point.

Ste

• In the side-view of a board or..
  • In the new user experience?

Can u please guide me with a screen shot wat does the above points means?

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2019

Hi @Deepan V.R

Not sure I follow - from what view would you like a "Card Layout" view. 

Do you want to see sub-tasks in the "Card Layout" from a board? Or from another view (eg. from a story's issue detail view)?

Ste

Deepan V.R September 29, 2019

I am attaching the screenshot..Card Layout.PNGSub tasks view.PNG

for a user story my card tells "Dev Estimate,Labels etc"..based on card layout. But in my sub task card layout view...is it possible to view the same in "label,Dev Estimate etc" in my "Sub task card view too... 

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2019

Hi @Deepan V.R

I tested this out in Cloud - this is what I did:

• I added Labels as a field on the card layout for Backlog and Active Sprints
  • I made swimlanes based on stories - so sub-tasks would flow across the board alone
  • I then removed the swimlanes pushing the sub-tasks under stories on the board

^ In all these instances, labels showed on both sub-tasks and stories as they're cards on the board or in the backlog.

However, sub-tasks viewed from the side panel (issue detail view) or in a story did not have the labels field as it's not card layout - which refers only to cards on the board.

Where are you viewing this sub-task from? Is it a card on the board or a line item in the story's issue detail view?

Ste

Deepan V.R October 2, 2019

in line item in the story's issue detail view..

Attaching u the screen shotSubtasks view.PNGStory.PNG

i have highlighted in yellow,like the story type...

João Marcus Santos October 28, 2022

3 years ago, we have a answer about it?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2022

Hi @João Marcus Santos 

It's still on the backlog it seems - check for updates here: JRACLOUD-70206 

Ste

Suggest an answer