My MySQL database is gone

Sobhy Admin January 14, 2020

Hi.

I installed Jira Software on CentOS 6 server.

And the MySQL database, called 'jira' is created and connected to Jira Software and it was working successfully.

I started to sync Jira with Azure AD using SAML. It works yesterday very well.

Today, I noticed that my MySQL DB 'jira' is removed, or I can't find it after I run 'show databases;' in mysql prompt.

Where is my DB. Is it removed. Why.

Waiting your response.

2 answers

0 votes
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2020

Hi @Sobhy Admin 

It could be that you were on a shared server instance and the database was wiped.

I don't know what do you mean by the DB was wiped.

I installed Jira Software on Linux server, and the MySQL DB installed on the same server.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2020

By "wiped" @Lenin Raj  is saying roughly the same as I did - a database process or person has removed all the data from the database. 

(I've said "dropped" rather than wiped because I tend to think of "wipe" meaning "remove all the tables and data, leaving an empty database", and "drop" to mean "remove the database in its entirety".  You said "show databases" does not show the database at all, so I chose "drop" as it looks like the whole thing has gone)

Like Lenin Raj likes this

Thanks a lot Nic.

How can I protect my MySQL database that connected to Jira Software.

Is there any guides for this article.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2020

You need your database administrators to not drop the database.  That's something you'll need to take up with them

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2020

You will need to talk to your database administrators.  They have either hidden it from you or removed it.

Jira doesn't have any code that might drop a database.  You have to do that at the database level.

Suggest an answer