My Jira server running on Ubuntu 18 now has misformed titles on Dashboards and other items

admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2019

Firstly, my platform is Ubuntu 18 installed with the .bin installer.

I believe this is a result of a certificate issue, but I am unsure how to resolve it;
My server object titles now have malformed names such as '__MSG_gh.gadget.rapid.view.title__'. I have resolved issues such as this previously by feeding a certificate into a java jks, but I am unclear if that will resolve this, and if it will what command to run to do so, in particular because I believe best practices to be to import into a key store, not the server trust store?

If this is true, I don't know how to use a trust store with Jira to allow this, or perhaps there is a trust store installed with the bin server installation that this can be imported into?

2 answers

0 votes
admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2020

I do indeed have a proxy in front of it which terminates SSL/TLS and redirects to the server.

0 votes
brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2019

You are better off setting up a reverse proxy like Nginx and terminate the SSL in there.

Having a reverse proxy will offload some traffic management from Tomcat to Nginx.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/configure-jira-server-to-run-behind-a-nginx-reverse-proxy-426115340.html

Suggest an answer