Multiple user input needed for transition

Jason Adam November 6, 2017

Would like to start by saying I'm new to JIRA Core and so far only have documentation to go off of while waiting for our procurement process to go through.

We have a requirement than when an issue goes into the Resolved state, a group of users defined as "Board Members" each need to provide a comment and Accept or Reject input.  When all the board members have responded, an email is sent to the chair (we'll be using Script Runner) letting them know the issue is ready to be Rejected or Closed.

I'm having trouble figuring out to configure a screen so that it can take multiple user input but saved within the same screen.  For example, changing the user dropdown would show that selected user's inputs in that one screen.  I'm not sure if this is possible.  If it isn't, does anyone have a suggestion on the best way to meet this requirement?

I've figured out how with Script Runner and Utilities Suite to meet our other requirements, but this one seems to be a doozy.  So any pointers at what tools or documentation would help do this is greatly appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Anton Chemlev - Toolstrek -
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2017

I think that you should use User Picker (multi) type custom field. You can store neeed persons in this field in one issue.

For example:

1) Create two custom field with mentioned type: Approvers and Already approved.

2) Make custom postfunction with ScriptRunner to append Already approved field with person who made Accept transition if this person in Approvers.

Smth. like this. There are numerous variants of implementation. Or even better - google for "jira approval process how". I saw some implementations.

Jason Adam November 7, 2017

Oh very nice!  Another requirement we have is when the ticket expires and not every board member has provided feedback on the resolution, the chair is notified.  The separate drop downs would make it very clear who has provided input. 

I'll google that and see what else comes up but this sounds like a great start.  Thank you!

Suggest an answer