Multiple level tasks under Epics

Deleted user September 17, 2013

Hello,

We have are implementing Epics in JIRA.

We have a hierarchy Epic > Project > Task where projects can be recursive (i.e. a project can be broken into several smaller projects).

Now, when we have something like:

Epic > Project > Project > Task

We’ve noticed that only the first level issues directly under the Epic inherit the link and color in the GreenHopper planning dashboard, but the second and subsequent levels do not. I would have to manually drag the second level project issues to the Epic section in the left panel so they can be counted as part of the Epic and inherit the color.

Do you guys know if there is a way that if I create multiple level issues depending of an Epic and make them inherit links and grouping?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2013

I don't think that it is possible, however, you can create some autocalculated customfields based on:

- epic link, if it is the direct child of the epic.

- parent's epic link, otherwise

You can remove the JIRA Agile Epic Link CF from the screens and add your implementation to avoid confusion.

Deleted user October 13, 2013

Thanks, I think that should work

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events