Multiple Sprints in Rapid Board

I am curious if you plan to support multiple sprint in the Rapid Board. We have many projects, but I seem to be able to only build 1 sprint into 1 project at a time. I may have multiple sprints underway at the same time within the same project, based on available resources, but it seems like the Rapid Board can only deal with 1 sprint at a time.

I understand I could completely alter my project set up, but I feel like the reporting would be completely invalidated.

Any thoughts?

3 answers

0 vote
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Jul 08, 2012

Hi Kenneth,

you can create multiple rapid boards based on different search filters. Then you can start a new sprint with each rapid board.

Cheers

Thomas

This answer is not entirely correct. You can only start a sprint on a board if none of the issues matched by the filter are currently in a sprint. You must carefully slice your issues by filter so that there will not be any overlap.

With the release of Parallel Sprints the answer is that you can now run more than one sprint at a time on a single board.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Mar 28, 2018 in Jira Software

Can a company’s culture make or break agile adoption?

Can a new-to-agile team survive and thrive in a non-agile culture? If so, what advice would you give to those trying to be agile in a non-agile culture? What's the key(s) to success? Share your thoug...

12,076 views 15 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you