Multi-Step Form for issue creation

Felipe Andrade April 29, 2021

Hi there!

We require quite a bit of information for analytics/compliance purposes for our Features, so I'm looking to find a way to create multi-step forms to reduce the pain for our users. Ideally we'd be able to split our form into different screens and would have an indication of progress.

Funny there's a defined Atlassian Design System pattern for that, but I don't see anything natively in JIRA:  Forms - Patterns - Atlassian Design System

Do you know any plugins that could help me with that?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

@Felipe Andrade - Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

There is nothing natively that provides this functionality.  You do have the option for tabs on server.  You can bundle fields on the tabs and the user could step through the tabs but there would be nothing to prompt them to do so.  There are serval apps like ProForma and Dynamic forms.  I think one of those might have something similar to what you are looking for but I am not positive and you would have to try them out to see if they meet your needs. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=server&product=jira&query=forms

uidev March 12, 2022

There is a "progress tracker" that could in theory mimic the behavior, with a lot of extra work of course. And of course things like form validation would not work out of the box.

One idea though is if inside the progress tracker each section had an individual form you could validate and then finally combine results of each section. But you would need to somehow avoid page refreshes with each form submission, etc.

Suggest an answer