Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Moving the Backlog bucket in the Backlog view

Edited

I want to build out 26 Sprints for 2022. Doing so, even if I collapse them, will make it difficult to view items in the Backlog and Sprints A, B & C in the same window (because of the other 23 Sprints, even in a compacted view). I see how to move the Sprints up and down, but the ellipse (3 dots) isn't available for the Backlog. Is there a way to move it up/promote it (or move the Sprints below the Backlog bucket?)

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey Community Leader Dec 29, 2021

Hi Ron, that isn’t really possible. IMO, trying to plan 2wk sprints for an entire year seems a bit out of sorts with an agile process which tends to look at current priorities. That doesn’t mean it can’t or shouldn’t be done just that it is uncommon and as such may not influence the implementation.

maybe there is some solution in the Marketplace but I am not personally familiar with such.

Thank you for responding, Jack. New user. Trying to adapt the software to me, I guess. Want placeholders for projects where the epic might last 6 to 12 Sprints, starting Q 2 or 3 (3 to 6 months, but the stories would reside in the corresponding sprint based on it's timing within the project as opposed to it sitting in the backlog until that sprint is built months down the road).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Do you use Jira Cloud with Microsoft Teams?

Hi, Jira users! Do you use Jira alongside Microsoft Teams? We want to hear how you’ve used the power of Jira Cloud and Microsoft Teams (via the Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app) to achieve a team...

471 views 3 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you