Moving the Backlog bucket in the Backlog view

Ron Tiongco December 29, 2021

I want to build out 26 Sprints for 2022. Doing so, even if I collapse them, will make it difficult to view items in the Backlog and Sprints A, B & C in the same window (because of the other 23 Sprints, even in a compacted view). I see how to move the Sprints up and down, but the ellipse (3 dots) isn't available for the Backlog. Is there a way to move it up/promote it (or move the Sprints below the Backlog bucket?)

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2021

Hi Ron, that isn’t really possible. IMO, trying to plan 2wk sprints for an entire year seems a bit out of sorts with an agile process which tends to look at current priorities. That doesn’t mean it can’t or shouldn’t be done just that it is uncommon and as such may not influence the implementation.

maybe there is some solution in the Marketplace but I am not personally familiar with such.

Ron Tiongco December 30, 2021

Thank you for responding, Jack. New user. Trying to adapt the software to me, I guess. Want placeholders for projects where the epic might last 6 to 12 Sprints, starting Q 2 or 3 (3 to 6 months, but the stories would reside in the corresponding sprint based on it's timing within the project as opposed to it sitting in the backlog until that sprint is built months down the road).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events