Moving jira from one server to another

Hi Team

I want to move my Jira application from one server to another as there is some issue with my current server

As server will change my server IP and Home directory will also change.

Can you please suggest me the steps how to go about it

Regards

Mohammed Shoyab Shaikh

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Dear Mohammed,

You should follow this guide;

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/migrating-jira-applications-to-another-server-802592269.html

In this guide, the database is backed up with XML.. however.. you  yourself can also make a backup of the database and skip the XML.

So.. things you should do;

Copy at the very least your attachment folder to your new installation, and make sure your database is connected. This should be enough for JIRA on the new server to run.

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy Mooiman

http://www.prepend.nl

Hi, @Mohammed Shoyab Shaikh@Jeremy Mooiman,

I want to use your topic to ask my questions, please advise -

moving JIRA software from Linux/MySQL to WinServer/SQL server, also lower version to higher version, any suggestion ? 

in detail:

I have mysql on linux running jira software 7.3,  going to sql server 2014 on windows server 2012 running jira software 7.6 , is that possible ? 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,481 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you