Moving from JIRA Agile OnDemand to Self Hosted

Georg Kofler June 3, 2014

Hi,

We are using the OnDemand version of JIRA & JIRA Agile for the last 1,5 years. We are now planning to go to a self hosted solution.

For JIRA it's clear how I should move the data, but it's not clear for me if I can export/import all the sprints & board information from JIRA Agile On Demand to the hosted version. Is it possible to do that or I will lose all the data related to JIRA Agile?

Thanks,

George

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2014

The export will contain all of your data, you won't lose anything.

I would test the import a couple of times before you actually flip over to your new system - you can get an export of your OnDemand any time you want, withut having to switch it off, so grab it today and try it.

Georg Kofler June 4, 2014
Thanks, Nic. I think I've read somewhere that Jira Agile info is not included in the export, but I could not find any other info on the topic. Now I'm more relaxed. :-) I will give it a try with the trial version.
0 votes
Georg Kofler June 4, 2014

Thanks, Nic. I think I've read somewhere that Jira Agile info is not included in the export, but I could not find any other info on the topic. Now I'm more relaxed. :-) I will give it a try with the trial version.

Suggest an answer