Moving a private Jira project to my company's Jira Cloud.

Robert Anderson February 16, 2024

I have a considerable amount of project information which is stored in a personal Jira Project and I would like to move the Project to the company paid for Jira location. Is this possible? Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2024

Hi Robert,

I suggest checking out an app in the marketplace called Revyz configuration manager for Jira. you can clone a project from one site into another that will clone most of your configurations. They also have another product that can copy your data and do the configuration if you want that. Best of all you can give a free trial and try it out. Disclosure I am an advisor for the app. 

0 votes
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2024

Hi @Robert Anderson 

are you Site/Org Admin on both Sites?

There is a fairly new "Copy data" feature available in the Org Administration: What product data is copied | Atlassian Support

I've not tested it yet, though.

Robert Anderson February 19, 2024

Hi Rebekka, I am a Site/Org Admin on both Sites. I have not seen that feature so I will investigate this as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events