Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Moving Trello Cards to JIRA stories

Hi, I want to move trello cards to JIRA stories under specific components into JIRA. What is the best possible way to do that? Thanks.

3 answers

1 vote

Hello @aagarwal7

Thank you for reaching out.

Basically, there are two ways to migrate your Trello Cards to Jira Cloud application map the component field:

1 - You can use the Official import client for Trello, described in the documentation below:

Importing data from Trello 

Using the client above, your Trello cards will be imported to a new Next-gen project. Then, you can move the issues to other existing projects and set the components you need using the Bulk operation functionality:

Edit multiple issues at the same time 

2 - You can export your Trello data to JSON or, if you have the Business Class subscription in Trello, to a CSV file. Both formats can be imported to Jira Cloud:

Exporting data from Trello 

You can map the component fields directly in the files (JSON, CSV), following the documentation below to know how to format it:

Importing data from CSV

Importing data from JSON

Let us know if you have any questions.

0 votes
jewforice I'm New Here May 09, 2022

It just doesn't work when I am using Importing data from Trello . The boards and lists were imported without every single card included!

What's more, if you export your trello boards as a json file and import it to JIRA, still no cards would be imported.

This is bad and not at all what people want.

It is an absolute nightmare. I cannot believe migrating an Atlassian to Atlassian product is this impossible to do. I have tried all of the above including via add-ons, and nothing - I repeat - nothing works correctly. Every time, every route there is data that falls away or becomes skew. Very bad user experience.

Like # people like this

This Import works to Jira Cloud Free?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,559 views 37 45
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you