Ben Weisman December 16, 2021

Is this possible on Cloud/Server?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Ortiz December 16, 2021

I typically create the same Release (Fix Version) in both the original and destination projects.  As long as they are the exact same name (characters are exactly the same!), I've been able to move issues across projects and their Fix Version is preserved.  

If I'm not mistaken, during the move process, Jira will ask you to confirm the destination Fix Version (Release) and it should work.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2021

No, you can't do that.

Versions are a project artefact.  If you move an issue from one project to another, the new project has its own set of versions, it can't apply a version of another project to its issues.

Ben Weisman December 16, 2021

Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

If I add a Fix version with the same name to the destination project, will that not work?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2021

It used not to, but I know Atlassian changed something related to it a while ago.  It might have been components though, or not the move process.

It is absolutely worth a try!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events