Move to Greenhopper from Basecamp

Anna Chua December 5, 2012

We want to completely move our projects to Greenhopper from another project management called Basecamp. If I move then to JIRA/Greenhopper, they will show up in our first column called "To Do". Is there a way we can add more tasks/issues without it displaying into the VA Rapid Board? Those tasks that will be moved are added at an earlier time so we basically want to follow the date.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2012

The question appears to be quite vague for me.

All unresolved issues which are visible via the filter set for the Rapidboard will appear in the board. If you need to exclude some of them, then those issues should have some unique value which can be filtered out in your filter. For example, you can create a custom field and set a value for each of those issues coming from import (may be via bulk change or during import itself) and use that custom field value in the filter. And when ever you need it, remove the custom field value from the issues and they will start appearing in the board.

Anna Chua January 3, 2013

Hi!Renjith. Thanks for the tips. I was able to create new field and filters but having a hard time configuring how can it make it NOT appear on Rapid Board To Do List. Currently, the Board is shared to everyone.

I'm trying to add new filters for the Rapid Board but I got lost along the way. All I need now is to make sure that it will not be visible in To Do list.

Sorry for vague questions, I'm still trying to understand this thing. You're a great help. Thanks again and hoping for your response.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

What is the board configuration? Can you share the filters your have configured and the name of the custom field that you have used while importing data from CSV?

I have not used the CSV import for this test yet. I tried to add an issue manually with the newly created field with this value. See http://screencast.com/t/nsKGK4OdjyiH.

This is the board configuration - http://screencast.com/t/8cguGAmBA3

do you think it's also possible that I could create a new board for those issues and then move to the default that we're using when we are ready to use it?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2013

@liza28 it is not about creating any new board, it is all about what issues gets selected as per the filter you specify. So do this:

1. During CSV import add a value to this custom field
  2. Edit the board filter and say "project = 'VA Project' and your_custom_field IS EMPTY"
  3. And whenever you want to make an issue visible in the field, set the custom field value as empty and it will appear.

Anna Chua January 4, 2013

@Renjith. Thank you so much. That gave me what I wanted to achieve.

You have been really a great help.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2013

You are most welcome !

Anna Chua January 8, 2013

Hi! again @Renjith. Sorry to bother you again but I need your expertise on this another question of mine. This is still related to the filters on Rapid Board.

I tried adding new Quick Filters for issues that have been reopened (Resolved to Reopened)
http://screencast.com/t/pfA2rK7JNL

and I can see it from the Column Section http://screencast.com/t/JZHxQxulm

However
, I can't still see it in Rapid Board. The current JQL that were using is

project = "Project1" AND labels is EMPTY ORDER BY Rank ASC

I tried this

project = "Project1" AND labels is EMPTY OR status = Reopened ORDER BY Rank ASC

but still not showing. I have actually tried other filter values too on Quick Filters but no luck. Any help? Thanks!

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

Can you post it as a new question?

Anna Chua January 8, 2013
1 vote
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2012

You may have seen the JIRA help page on doing a CSV import.

Basically the header row in csv must have a summary and each field should correspond to a JIRA field. Once the csv file format is sorted you run the csv file import wizard in JIRA.

Whether you are using a Kanban or Scrum rapid board what is shown on the board is controlled by JQL, so you have full control.

Anna Chua December 10, 2012

hi boardtc, thanks for your response. I'll check it out.

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2012

I think you meant a comment rather than an answer :-)

Anna Chua December 31, 2012

Hi again and Happy New year. I just want to ask how can I make those imported issues via the CSV Import method (which are set NOT to show on rapid board first) be shown in the future when we need it.

Thanks again!

Suggest an answer