Move ticket from discovery Project and preserve information

Justin Hieke December 1, 2022

Hey everyone,

me and my team are currently implementing the new Discovery Project and so far we love it! 

Because our devs are working in a different project, we need to move the tickets prepared by us to the dev-project.

I tried to do it via “create delivery ticket”— but here, all the descriptions / screenshots etc. get lost in the process. 

Is there any way to move a ticket from the discovery project to a software project and not to lose all the information?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Justin

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

Hi @Justin Hieke and welcome to the community!

Yes - Issues can be moved from one project to another safely. As a precaution, you'll want to:

1. Ensure that the dev project has a similar field configuration scheme to your discovery project.
  2. Permissions
    1. Move Issues on the discovery project
    2. Create Issues permission on the Dev project

You have two options:

1. Move issues individually - Navigate to the desired issue, use the period (.) keyboard shortcut to bring up the menu and start typing "move" to bring up the move menu and follow the prompts
  2. Move issues in bulk - Execute an Advanced Issue Search for the issues you wish to move. Under the Elipses (...) menu at the top right, select Bulk Change followed by the move option
    1. NOTE - Your Jira Admin will need to grant you the global permission Make Bulk Changes for this option
Justin Hieke December 2, 2022

Hello @Mark Segall 

thanks a lot for the warm welcome and your support!

I've understood and checked your suggestion, and it works! 

Best regards,

Justin

Like Mark Segall likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events