Monitoring time that activity is on kanban boards - WIP

Christian Ferger September 26, 2017

Dear all, my topic is at the moment to  find out, how long topics are in the "in process" column of the kanban-board, because our rule is, that no one should be there longer than 1 day. Is there an easy solution to show, what task is longer than one day in the column and what task is in time? I was thinking about flags.

Do you know a solution for this or maybe have an idea?

Best regards

C.

2 answers

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2017

I was thinking this could be done with a Quick Filter.  You could create one of these with a JQL value of something like

status="in process" AND not status changed after -24h

And in turn when you click this filter, it would remove all issues that are either not in that status or have not changed there status on this board in the last 24 hours.   In turn that should only leave issues that have not had any changes made to them in that time.   But as Josh suggested a swimlane could also be a good way to segment these issues for you.

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2017

Hi Christian,

One way to do this is if you set your board to use swimlanes based on queries.

Set a swimlane JQL to the following:

status changed to "in progress" after -24h

This would separate all issues that have been in "in progress" for more than 24 hours on top.

Suggest an answer