Mobile Site issues

Eveno.Manasse December 20, 2017

Hi Team,

users are not able to create tickets via mobile(IOS and Android).

Is there a way to default this to desktop viewer for all users?

3 answers

0 votes
Eveno.Manasse January 4, 2018

Hi Branden,

I did not fully answer your questions.

They are using Jira Cloud.

0 votes
Eveno.Manasse December 21, 2017

Hi Branden,

It's my belief that the culprit is a required custom field that was added. It's my understanding that Jira Mobile used to work before for the users and after the implementation of the newly custom required field everything stopped working on Mobile.

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

Thank you for following up Eveno.  Since that seems to match with the kb article I provided please go to JAC and create a Suggestion and let the developers know which custom fields you're running into this issue with.  When you do that post the link here and the community can  vote on it and add impact so we can get support for those fields.

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2017

Hi Eveno,

• When your users attempt to create issues are they getting an error?
  • Are you accessing JIRA via an app and if so which one, e.g. Jira Cloud - Official mobile app for Jira Software, Mobile for JIRA, etc.?

If your users are indeed going to the website there is an older Suggestion request that may help that you can find at JRASERVER-41624 titled Disable "Switch to Mobile View" header on mobile browsers:

Workaround

With administrator permission

1. Add below into the announcement banner box
    <style type="text/css">
    .mobile-switch { display: none; }
    </style>

2. As listed in Using JIRA on a Mobile Device

Can I disable JIRA mobile for my site?
    You can disable JIRA mobile for your site, so that users will only be able to access the desktop view of JIRA on their mobile device.

JIRA mobile is a implemented as a add-on in JIRA, so you can disable it by disabling the add-on. For instructions on disabling add-ons, see Managing Add-ons. Note, JIRA mobile is a System Plugin.

Without administrator permission
IOS

1. go to JIRA in the Safari browser, click the Share Icon, choose Request Desktop Site. This will reload the page without this banner bug.
  2. go to JIRA in a different browser on iOS that supports agent string switching and switch the Agent string to a desktop browser.

If you are not using an app and going directly to the website try the above steps and let us know the outcome.

Cheers,

Branden

Eveno.Manasse December 20, 2017

Hi Branden,

Thanks for replying.

"The error message that I am getting is:

This issue type has fields aren't supported yet.

We're working on this, but for now you need to create this on desktop."

Eveno

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
December 20, 2017

Hi Eveno,

This may be what you're running into since it sounds like there are custom fields that can't be displayed:

Why can't I view my custom field in JIRA on my mobile?

The JIRA Mobile interface will show custom fields in the issue details screen. Custom fields that have their own custom field renderer will not display on the JIRA Mobile interface. You will need to switch to the desktop interface to view these fields.

Hopefully this helps.  If that is the case they will need to use the desktop view until that field is supported.  I did not see any Suggestions for specific custom field types so if you agree this is what you're running into please create a Suggestion on JAC for the custom field types and renderers that you're using so we can get support for these fields.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer